Call for Entries
We invite filmmakers to submit their works to the 18th goEast Film Festival Competion. goEast welcomes submissions of feature-length films, in both the narrative and documentary categories. (Deadline: 31.12.2017)
We invite you to be a part of the cinematic adventure of goEast - Festival of Central and Eastern European Film.
Regulations goEast 2018 - Competition for Fiction Features and Documentaries
1. goEast – Festival of Central and Eastern European Film aims at increasing the international audience’s awareness for film-cultural developments in Central and Eastern Europe, and it will facilitate international contacts between filmmakers, thus raising international dialogue, understanding and cultural integration. goEast is organized by Deutsches Filminstitut – DIF (Schaumainkai 41, 60596 Frankfurt).
2. The 18th goEast Festival will take place in Wiesbaden, Germany, from 18.04. to 24.04.2018. The festival presents current film productions – feature films as well as documentaries – from countries in Central and Eastern Europe (* see below) as well as co-productions with decisive contributions from those countries. The films will be shown in competition, out of competition and in special programmes.
3. Films must meet the following criteria for entering the competition:
* Feature films: 35mm, DCP, minimum length of 70 minutes. Exceptions require an authorization of the festival
* Documentaries: 35mm, DCP, Beta SP, DigiBeta, Blu-ray, minimum length of 30 minutes.
* Production year: 2016, 2017 or 2018.
* No distribution or TV-broadcasting in Germany before the time of the festival.
4. A selection committee chooses films for competition. The selection process will not be public and there is no legal right to enter the competition.
5. The management of the festival appoints an independent international jury. The jury will decide about awards and prices. The jury’s decision is final, and the jury does not need to justify their decisions.
The awards: Award for Best Film (10,000 euro), Award of the city of Wiesbaden for Best Director (7,500 euro). Award of the Federal Foreign Office for “Cultural Diversity” (4,000 euro).
6. After a film’s entry into competition has been publicly announced, a withdrawal of the film is no longer possible.
7. Films will only be screened in original language with English subtitles. Selected feature films in competition may be translated into German. The production of German subtitles is the responsibility of the festival.
8. The Festival acknowledges that for each film the international regulations authorise a total of no more than three screening.
9. The deadline for entering feature films and documentaries is 31.12.2017. By then the selection committee must have received: the film on DVD or as online link, a completed entry form with all attachments. Submission via Filmfreeway is also possible.
10. The above mentioned DVDs will not be returned.
11. A print of the film is to be sent only after an official invitation has been received. The film print must arrive at least 10 days before the festival starts.
12. Unless negotiated otherwise, the participants have to cover the costs for transport, insurance and customs.
13. The festival covers the insurance of the film prints while they are on location in Wiesbaden, from their arrival until they are given back to the shipper.
14. Only the rights holder or his representative can enter a film. The festival requests that a DVD of the film is deposited in the festivals archive.
15. Entering a film means the acceptance of the festival’s regulations.
16. The management of the festival is authorized to change the festival’s regulations in special cases but only in accordance with the International Regulations.
17. The festival’s legal domicile is Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia und Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan