The call for submissions for the Open Frame Award of 20th edition of goEast kicks off! Filmmakers from Central and Eastern Europe are welcome to submit their virtual-reality-works and 360°-projects.
Submission will be possible via Eventival and the online platform FilmFreeway. The submission deadline is February 15th 2020.
Submit your film via Eventival.
Submit your film via FilmFreeway.
1. Filmmakers and VR artists from Central and Eastern Europe as well as from Germany universities are asked to submit their works for the 20th goEast – Festival of Central and Eastern European Film, which will take place in Wiesbaden, Germany, from 05-11 May 2020 and is organized by DFF – Deutsches Filminstitut & Filmmuseum (Schaumainkai 41, 60596 Frankfurt). Co-productions are eligible only, if the main artist and main production of the piece comes from one of the regions mentioned above (list of eligible countries see 8.).
2. Each work submitted must be registered with a separate and completed entry form. Submission via Filmfreeway is also possible. There will be a 2 stage submission process for 360 VR content. The first stage will be for movie reference and information about the piece. The submitted works should be current productions from the years 2018, 2019 or 2020. The duration of a work may not exceed 30 minutes. Content will be screened only in the original language with English subtitles. Applications will not be considered complete unless they include a short synopsis, a biography and a filmography of the director/artist.
3. If selected for screening you will need to provide full resolution media on a hard drive or the executable file and assets if a real-time piece. You can submit a preliminary submission via a YouTube or similar link. This can be unlisted or password protected as necessary. Sound must be included!
4. There is no entry fee and we cannot offer payment for screened works. All preview material submitted remains in the festival archive. The archived works will be accessible solely for academic and curational purposes. For the purposes of festival communication (marketing and press) the submitters provide the festival with texts and images that can be used in the festival catalogue, the festival flyer, the festival website as well as in further advertising activities. Additionally the festival is allowed to use trailers and excerpts of the films for marketing and press reasons. With the submission of these materials the submitters confirm that they hold the rights to use these materials.
5. The results of the selection will be announced by e-mail in March 2020. If a work has been selected, we will request full resolution media on a hard drive or the executable file and assets if a real-time piece. As far as possible, we will invite the filmmakers and artists to come to Wiesbaden and Frankfurt during the festival to present their work. The selection process is not conducted publicly, and decisions cannot be contested in a court of law. The selected works will be presented at the festival locations in Wiesbaden and Frankfurt.
6. The festival management appoints an independent international jury that will choose the winner of the Open Frame Award (5,000 euros, donated by the BHF-BANK Foundation). The jury's decision is final, and the jury is not required to justify its decisions. The award cannot be split. The prize money will be handed out personally in cash during the festival or will be transferred via bank transfer to the account of the winner within six months after the festival.
7. 360 VR pieces may be entered only by the rights holder or his or her representative. Entering a piece implies the acceptance of the festival's regulations. The legal domicile of the festival is Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
8. Entries from the following Central and Eastern European countries are eligible for competition at goEast: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, North Macedonia, Georgia, Germany (Universities), Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
9. The festival's legal domicile is Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
10. The deadline for entries is 15. February 2020.