8. The Festival assures that for each film there will be a total of no more than three screenings. Additional screenings, either in the cinema or online, can bee agrees upon separately with the right holders.
9. The deadline for entering films is December 31, 2022. By then the selection committee must have received: an online link, a completed entry form (via Eventival) with all attachments. Film submisson via FilmFreeway is also possible. The right holders of selected films are requested to provide a digital version (screener) of the film with English subtitles.
10. A print of the film is to be sent only after an official invitation has been received. The film print must arrive at least 10 days before the festival starts. (April 16, 2023).
11. Screening copies are preferably sent digitally. In case the DCP is send on a hard disk or similar medium or the screening print is a 35mm copy, participants have to cover the costs for transport, insurance and customs, unless negotiated otherwise.
12. The festival covers the insurance of the film prints while they are on location in Wiesbaden, from their arrival until they are given back to the shipper.
13. Only the rights holder or his representative can enter a film. With your film’s registration, you confirm to hold the rights and/or have permission to represent the rights holder in the competition of the 23nd goEast Film Festival.
14. The festival is allowed to archive a digital version of the film and to upload the file to the online media library, which usage is limited to accredited guests only, during the festival week.
15. For the purposes of festival communication (marketing and press) the submitters provide the festival with texts and images that can be used in the festival catalogue, the festival flyer, the festival website as well as in further advertising activities. Additionally, the festival is allowed to use trailers and excerpts of the films for marketing and press reasons. With the submission of these materials the submitters confirm that they hold the rights to use these materials.
16. Entering a film means the acceptance of the festival’s regulations.
17. The management of the festival is authorized to change the festival’s regulations in special cases.
18. The festival’s legal domicile is Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
19. Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2022.